Socializing is kinda tricky.
To have more friends is one of my resolutions this year. However, whenever I want to put some effort to make friends, I just feel like I have to give out quite a lot.
- I mean, most of my friends here have different life schedule than me. They wake up late and stay up until early in the morning, while I wake up and sleep early everyday. It’s just how I am. I operate well in the morning much more than I do at night.
- Some people ‘socialize’ by going out on parties. I don’t mind being in bars or clubs. But the thing is, I am an awkward dancer. I can only be confident of my moves when I am drunk, and I have quite high alcohol tolerance. Hence, I have to spend a lot of money in order to dance comfortably. If not, I’ll be all sober and dancing awkwardly like a robot being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- People nowadays don’t want to just walk and talk anymore. We have to eat somewhere fancy and therefore we all have to wear something beautiful too so that the photos taken would be worth posting on social media. I don’t mind doing that every now and then, but not all the time. I have limited budget here as a student and dressing up all the time is not really my thing.
- Sometimes I just want to be alone, watching movies in my room wearing comfortable pyjamas without anyone disturbing me.
- And, this is the one struggle I have going out with friends. I need to control my weight, and going out all the time does not help me with this. If I forced myself to come and eat less, people tend to tease me saying “why would you diet? you are not fat” and things like that. But we all know that’s not true. They just don’t want to be fat by themselves. They want me to be fat together with them.
Well, maybe these points are just the reasons I came up with just because I don’t want to admit that I am an extroverted introvert. I don’t know.
This is such a random post, but please tell me if sometimes you feel what I feel too! 🙂