I have a lot of hobbies.
Well, maybe not hobbies, but I have a number of things I love to do when I’m bored. I knit, I draw, I play music, I read books, I watch movies, I cook, I do yoga, I make crafts and things, and recently I also bake.
I don’t have oven in my house in Indonesia. So, I just found out that I love measuring ingredients, punching dough and waiting for them to get cooked when I moved to Melbourne. I always have access to oven here and I can just make anything I want.
The drawback of this hobby however, is the expensive pricing of the tools and special ingredients (oh, college life..). Nonetheless, you don’t have to buy all the equipment all at once. Just buy what you need for the recipe you are making and eventually you will complete the collection. Hehehe.
Today, I want to share some of the recipes I found in the internet which I have tried and found quite good. I am no professional baker. So if I can make these, you can too!
- Indonesian Pineapple-filled Cookies (Nastar)
- This is my ultimate favorite snack ever since I was a little kid. Hence, I really love how the recipe in this blog helped me make these babies easily with its clear directions and explanations. (PS: Here is my little secret; nastar, oreo, and nissin’s crispy crackers are my kryptonites. I will definitely munch them off no matter how fat or how full I am within less than 30 minutes).
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Yep. I don’t think anyone can ever go wrong with these ingredients. The taste is fabulous and you will never regret gaining some pounds for eating them.
- White Chocolate Matcha Cookies
- I baked this for my church event last year and my friends could not stop eating them. They just loved it and I earned so many compliments for this. HAHAHA. Such a good feeling indeed. You should try it too!
- Japanese Melon Pan
- Careful, this does not really taste like or include any MELON fruit, but it’s called so and we just have to deal with it. Hehehe. I tried making this once and I just love how easy and simple this recipe is (apparently).
- Easy Tiramisu
- Not really a big fan of coffee, but this tiramisu is just perfect and super easy to make. This one does not even require an oven.
SO, I hope you can give them a try and be amazed of how amazingly talented you are in baking! 🙂
Have a sweet day, everyone! ❤